Japanese Chinese Korean English Portuguese Tagalog Vietnamese
16 Traffic Accidents
Living Guide Top
English Top
1 Residence management system
2 The Family registry system
3 Seal Registrations
4 Housing
5 Water, Gas, Electricity & Telephone Services
6 Disposal of Garbage
7 Post Office and Delivery Company Services
8 Banks
9 Traffic
10 Taxation
11 Employment
12 National Health Insurance
13 National Pension Plan
14 Neighborhood Association
15 Disaster Prevention, Fire & Medical Emergencies
16 Traffic Accidents
17 Childcare
18 Welfare
19 Health checkups for adults
20 Educations
21 Medical Information
22 Counseling and support services
Information of facilities
23 City/Town Halls and related facilities
24 School & Educational Institutions
25 Other public facilities
26 Refuge (Shelter)
27 Medical Institutions

Japanese Chinese Korean English Portuguese Tagalog Vietnamese

16-1 If a traffic accident occurs on you

  1. Secure the safety of the injured.
  2. Dial 110 and/or report to the nearest police box or police station.
  3. Ask an ambulance for the injured when you report the accident.
  4. If you are a victim, record the perpetrator's name, address, telephone number, vehicle identification number, driver's license, and insurance company.
  5. If you feel something wrong with your body, see a doctor as soon as possible regardless of the extent of damage.
  6. If you are a perpetrator, help the injured first.
Japanese Chinese Korean English Portuguese Tagalog Vietnamese

16-2 How to call 110

Call 110 "quickly", "accurately" and "right to the point."
  1. Tell clearly that it is a traffic accident.
  2. Explain when and where it has occurred (time, location and landmarks around).
  3. Explain the number and situation of the injured.
  4. Tell your name and address.
Japanese Chinese Korean English Portuguese Tagalog Vietnamese

16-3 Ambulance

Dial 119 to call an ambulance in case of medical emergencies such as a sudden illness or a serious injury. Ambulance service is free of charge. To secure ambulances for emergency, please use your own car or taxi in the case of a minor injury.

(1) Necessary information to ask for ambulance service

  1. Where the patient is
  2. Your name and telephone number
  3. Landmarks around you
  4. Condition of the patient

(2) How to call 119

Tell clearly the type of emergency (fire or medical emergencies) as well as the location and address.
  1. Medical emergencies: Kyukyu desu
  2. Please send an ambulance: Kyukyusha wo onegai shimasu
Japanese Chinese Korean English Portuguese Tagalog Vietnamese

16-4 Emergency call from a mobile phone

If you call from a cellular phone or PHS, tell that the call is from a mobile phone. Do not turn off your mobile phone for at least 10 minutes after the emergency call, for you may be called back for confirmation.

Japanese Chinese Korean English Portuguese Tagalog Vietnamese

16-5 Mutual Aid Traffic Accident Insurance Plan of local municipalities

If you join the mutual aid, you will be paid a tribute when you encountered a traffic accident. Residents of a city or town who are listed on the Basic Resident Registration can join the Plan. Apply personally at the city hall or a branch, or a nearest Japan Post Bank (post office). Please contact as the subscription period depends on the subscription method.

It costs 500 yen for each person to obtain a membership. T o receive a benefit, submit necessary documents to section in charge of city hall.

Necessary documents are include:
  1. Your bank account number
  2. Traffic accident certificate or petition for traffic accident acknowledgement form
  3. Designated medical certificate (the form is available at the city hall)
  4. Membership card.
  • Fujimi-shi Kyoudou Suishin-ka : tel.049-251-2711
  • Fujimino-shi Douro-ka Koutsu Anzen kakari : tel.049-257-5221
  • Miyoshi-machi Jichi Anshin-ka Bousai-Koutsu Anzen tanto :