Japanese Chinese Korean English Portuguese Tagalog
12 National Health Insurance

Living Guide Top

English Top

1 Residence management system

2 The Family registry system

3 Seal Registrations

4 Housing

5 Water, Gas, Electricity & Telephone Services

6 Disposal of Garbage

7 Post Office and Delivery Company Services

8 Banks

9 Traffic

10 Taxation

11 Employment

12 National Health Insurance

13 National Pension Plan

14 Neighborhood Association

15 Disaster Prevention, Fire & Medical Emergencies

16 Traffic Accidents

17 Childcare

18 Welfare

19 Health checkups for adults

20 Educations

21 Medical Information

22 Counseling and support services

Information of facilities

23 City/Town Halls and related facilities

24 School & Educational Institutions

25 Other public facilities

26 Refuge (Shelter)

27 Medical Institutions

 Those who reside in Japan can enroll in the national health insurance. It should lighten the financial burden when you receive medical treatment. If you work for a company and enroll in employee's health insurance, you are not qualified for the national health insurance. In that case, you need to  bring your health insurance card issued by the company and do procedure to lose qualification at the window of the city hall. 

Japanese Chinese Korean English Portuguese Tagalog
12-1 Foreign residents' enrollment in the national health insurance
(1)Those who are listed on the Basic Resident registration and granted permission to stay for more than 3 months.

(2)Those who are staying in Japan for less than 3 months, and are permitted to stay for more than 3 months by the document for status of residence specified by the Minister of Health, Labor and Welfare.

 Foreign residents should enroll in national insurance system, if they meet (1) or (2) of the above and do not enroll in employee’s health insurance system

Japanese Chinese Korean English Portuguese Tagalog
12-2 Enrollment procedure
  Your resident card, passport and notification card or Individual Number card are required to enroll the national health insurance. Conditions for enrollment are different individually, so please contact the Insurance-Pension Section of Fujimi-shi,  the Inurance-Pension  Section  of Fujimino-shi or Residents Affairs Section of Miyoshi-machi. If you enroll in employee's health insurance in your work place, you need to  bring your health insurance card issued by the company and do procedure to lose qualification.  

Japanese Chinese Korean English Portuguese Tagalog
12-3 The premium (national health insurance tax)
  When you take out National Health Insurance, National Health Insurance tax is levied on health-related portion based on the income percentage according to the previous year’s income of the member and per capita rate based on the number of the members. (In Fujimi-shi, there is also an asset allocation according to property tax and an equality allocation for households. However, the asset allocation and the equality allocation will be abolished after in April 2020.
In addition to the support for the later-stage elderly care system (income percent, per-capita rate) that supports the latter-stage elderly health care system, and the long-term care insurance portion that supports the long-term care insurance system for National Health Insurance members aged 40 to 64 (income percent, per-capita rate) are added and taxed as National Health Insurance tax. The National Health Insurance tax is an important resource that supports your National Health Insurance.
  There is no exemption from the premium, but some reduction is possible for those who have no income. Be sure to file your tax returns.

Japanese Chinese Korean English Portuguese Tagalog
12-4 Health insurance certificate is a passport for medical treatment
  Health insurance certificate is issued to each person. This proves that each of you and your dependents is insured. Be sure to take the certificate with you to a hospital or clinic.

Japanese Chinese Korean English Portuguese Tagalog
12-5 Benefits
  When you receive medical treatment with your health insurance certificate at a hospital or clinic, you only have to pay 30% of charged medical expenses, 20% or 30% for the elderly of 70 years and over, 20% for pre-school children and the remainders are covered by insurance.
If medical expenses per person per month exceed the ceiling, the amount in excess of the ceiling will be reimbursed later if you report to tax office. If you present to the institution/pharmacy the Certificate of Eligibility for Ceiling-Amount Application Regarding Personally-Borne Medical Expenses (gendogaku tekiyo nintei sho) prior to making payment at an insurance medical institution you do not need to pay any portion that exceeds the ceiling.

Japanese Chinese Korean English Portuguese Tagalog
12-6 Special medical examination
 Special medical examination is applied for those who are 40 to 74 years old as of April 1, and enrollee of national health insurance system. Examination ticket is sent to eligible people late in May, you are advised to go to medical institution designated by each city or town for a checkup during June 〜 November. 1,000 yen of charge is required. Checkup items are physical measurements (such as height, weight, and waist circumference), blood, urine, electrocardiogram, etc.
Those, who are diagnosed as metabolic syndrome or fear to be, have health guidance lecture of improving their life style

Japanese Chinese Korean English Portuguese Tagalog
12-7 Resort facilities and a thorough medical checkup
(1) Resort facilities and subsidies
 Several city-(or town) designated resort facilities are provided for residents with subsidies for health maintenance and promotion. For details, please contact the city or town office.
(2) Subsidy for a thorough medical checkup
You should maintain your health by yourself. If you get a thorough medical checkup in the city- (or town) designated hospital or clinic, a part of expenses is covered by subsidy of the city or town.
For details, please contact the city or town office.
Fujimi-shi Hoken Nenkin-ka Kenkohoken-kakari:

●Fujimino- shi Hoken・Nenkin-ka Hoken・Nenkin-gakari tel.049-261-2611
Hoken Center Kenko Yobou-kakari (for specific medical screening and complete medical checkup) : tel. 049-262-9040
Miyoshi-machi Jyumin-ka Hoken Nenkin-tanto:tel.049-258-0019

Copyright (C) FICEC. All rights reserved.