Japanese Chinese Korean English Portuguese Tagalog
10 Taxation

Living Guide Top

English Top

1 Residence management system

2 The Family registry system

3 Seal Registrations

4 Housing

5 Water, Gas, Electricity & Telephone Services

6 Disposal of Garbage

7 Post Office and Delivery Company Services

8 Banks

9 Traffic

10 Taxation

11 Employment

12 National Health Insurance

13 National Pension Plan

14 Neighborhood Association

15 Disaster Prevention, Fire & Medical Emergencies

16 Traffic Accidents

17 Childcare

18 Welfare

19 Health checkups for adults

20 Educations

21 Medical Information

22 Counseling and support services

Information of facilities

23 City/Town Halls and related facilities

24 School & Educational Institutions

25 Other public facilities

26 Refuge (Shelter)

27 Medical Institutions

Japanese Chinese Korean English Portuguese Tagalog
10-1 Classification of tax and its filing

  Residents of foreign nationals are also obliged to pay national taxes (e.g. income tax and consumption tax) and local taxes (e.g. residents' tax).

(1) Income tax
Income tax is levied on a person's income earned between January 1 and December 31. You can pay your taxes in one of the following two methods.
(A) Filing your returns and paying tax by yourself.
(B) Withholding tax system in which the employer withholds the income tax at source.
In this case, employee may be able to obtain a tax refund in the following cases; medical expense that exceeds the prescribed amount, the amount of loss suffered through disaster, theft, and/or embezzlement, if he or she takes out a designated type of loan to purchase a house. More details, please ask the tax office.

(2) Consumption tax
 The consumption tax is a tax that should pay 10% of the price of all goods and services themselves. (Some of the reduced tax rates (8%) apply to food and beverages excluding alcohol and eating out.)

(3) Residents' tax
  Combining prefectura
l tax and municipal tax or townsman tax,
which are paid together. If you live in Fujimi-shi on January 1st, you must pay the tax proportional to your previous year's income to the city.

Japanese Chinese Korean English Portuguese Tagalog
10-2 Paying resident's tax
  Two ways of paying resident's tax are employed; ordinary and special collection.

(1) Ordinary way is based on the self-assessment system. Independent businesspersons, farmers, and freelancers employ this method. They must pay taxes in four installments in compliance of payment booklet sent from city hall.

(2) If you work for a company, your employer withholds taxes from your income and pays to the city every month.

(3) Tax payment administration
If you can not receive tax payment notices or pay taxes due to reasons such as departure overseas, you must file a tax payment administration before you leave the country. For more information please contact.

Japanese Chinese Korean English Portuguese Tagalog
10-3 Advisory center on Tax
  Advisory center on city (Municipal tax)deduction are available.
Kawagoe Tax Office: tel.049-235-9411(the main number)
Fujimi-shi Zeimu-ka or Shuzei-kaFtel.049-251-2711(the main number)
Fujimino-shi Zeimu-ka or Shuzei-kaF tel.049-261-2611(the main number)  
Miyoshi-machi Zeimu-kaFtel.049-258-0019(the main number).

Copyright (C) FICEC. All rights reserved.